This is an analysis of the poem Submergence that begins with:
When along the pavement,
Palpitating flames of life, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbAXb cXbcbbXaA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 101010 1000101 101011 1011010 010011010 01101100 11011 0111010 1101011000101 11100101 01011111 01101101 110101010 1011010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Submergence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.