This is an analysis of the poem Thanks For Remembering Us that begins with:
The flowers sent here by mistake,
signed with a name that no one knew,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaabcbcb deXfdXffeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 10011111 11011111 11011110 11110111 111111010 010110101 111111110 01010101 01000101 110001010 1110101 11011101 01110100 11111111 01010111 11010111 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 308
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Thanks For Remembering Us;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.