This is an analysis of the poem Prayer that begins with:
Echo of the clocktower, footstep
in the alleyway, sweep...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aab XcX Xdb eeX dXXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 100010011 001011 0011001 10000100101 0101001010 10001 10001110100 010011011 10100010 0101010011 1011101 00110011 001100100011 1011111101 101010101 101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 89
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Prayer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.