This is an analysis of the poem Yarrawonga that begins with:
Yarrawonga by herself
Lived too long upon a shelf... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaaXX bbccdd Xbeeffee gghhiicc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1000101 1110101 1010101 1010101 1000101 10101110 1000101 1011101 1111101 1010011 1111101 11010101 10001100 10101001 001011 1010101 1010111 1101001 1110101 0010101 1000110 1001111 1010111 1110011 10111111 1011101 1110001 01000001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 207
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Yarrawonga;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.