This is an analysis of the poem The Bush Veteran that begins with:
Old Pete Parraday, he toddles up the road,
'Dangin'' things and 'darn in'' things and hefting of his load... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXXcX ddeeaacX eedXbdcX eXcccccX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100110101 1011111110001 1101110110101 101110011101 01011001010101 10011101010101 101010101010101 11011100110100 11100111101 1011101110001 11010101111101 11110100111111 111010101111 1111111111101 1101111011101 11010101110100 11100110101 101110101010101 11011101010101 001010101110101 11110010111 10111001101 10011000101101 11110110110100 110100110101 01011111101010 11010110111111 1111101111111 1111011010101 110011010110101 11110101111111 111101110110100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 440
- Average number of words per stanza: 85
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, an', me, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word an' is repeated.
The author used the same word old at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word parraday at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bush Veteran;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.