This is an analysis of the poem Country Doctors that begins with:
The quiet country doctors
Of many a country town,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbadXd acXcceXe aaXaabXb afbfagdg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010 0100101 11110101 011001 1101010 110101 11110111 110101 1101010 110111 110101100 0111001 11011110 111100 01011101 010001 1101010 111101 10111100 110111 10110011 111111 01010111 111101 1101010 010101 01011101 010101 0100111 111111 11111111 111001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 241
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to are repeated.
The author used the same word those at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Country Doctors;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.