This is an analysis of the poem Corryong that begins with:
The cattle-lands of Corryong,
The maiden of the snows... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabbacc deddeXf ghgghhh cfXcfaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 0101010 010001 11010101 110011001 1100111 11110101 11000101 01010101 010101 01010011 10110101 110101 01010100 10110001 010100101 110101 11111101 01010111 010101 1100101 10010101 01010110 101111 11011101 1100100 100101 1100101 01010001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word her at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Corryong;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.