This is an analysis of the poem Old Farmer Jack that begins with:
Old farmer Jack gazed on his wheat,
And feared the frost would nip it.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaX XXaX XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 1101110 111010101 1101011 11000101 1100010 01011101 1101010 01010101 1111010 11111101 0101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 132
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Old Farmer Jack;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.