This is an analysis of the poem Going To School that begins with:
Did you see them pass to-day, Billy, Kate and Robin,
All astride upon the back of old grey Dobbin?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbCc ddaaCc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110101101110 101010101110 101010110101 111010010101 101010100101 10101010111 1110101111 10101010111 1010101110101 1010101110101 101010100101 10101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 301
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Going To School;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.