This is an analysis of the poem Growing Pains that begins with:
Behold the undergraduate
A most amusing fellow... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbaabcX ddXdXee dfddfgg fXfffXg chcchgg Afaafii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010100 0101010 01010101 01010011 0101110 11111100 10010100 01010101 1001010 01001111 01010111 100110 11010011 11010101 01010111 11011100 10011001 11011101 01110100 11010001 01110101 01010111 0100100 10110111 11111101 11010100 01010110 01011101 11011111 1101010 01010111 11111001 1101010 11110111 01011101 01010100 1101010 01001111 01001101 1101110 11010111 01000101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words his, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Growing Pains;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.