This is an analysis of the poem Galloping Horses that begins with:
Oh, this is the week when no rhymster may rhyme
On the joy of the bush or the ills of the time,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabb ccbbddbb eeffbb gghhiibbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,8,6,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001111011 101001101001 111010010010 010111011100 111010010010 010010010010 1001001001 01101001101 1111111001 01101001111 1011001001 101001001001 1010011010010 110010010010 00011001010 010010010010 11000101101 11101101001 111010110110 111110010010 1001001011 100101001 0000010011010 110010010010 10110110110 111010110010 010010011010 010011010010 1001010110 110110010010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 339
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, galloping, all, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words for, that, all, the are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word horses at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Galloping Horses;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.