This is an analysis of the poem Caesar Redivivus that begins with:
In the olive groves of Italy
Men minds are all aflame;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccac adcdXeXe accXXcac afgfgbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001010100 111101 101111100 111101 11101010 1010111 11100100 110101 101110100 111101 00101010 1010101 10100010 1110101 101010100 0010001 101010100 111101 11101010 1010100 10101010 01111001 1010010100 010101 001010100 010101 10111010 0110101 01010100 1111101 11010100 010011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 321
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Caesar Redivivus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.