This is an analysis of the poem A Forest Scene that begins with:
As I went down a forest place
At the closing of the year... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdccd bebefffff ghghbdbbd igigacaac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 1010001 01111101 001101 11011101 0100111 010000111 10010101 1011101 111011101 1110101 11100101 1011101 111110101 1110111 101110111 101010101 111101 11100100101 110101 11110101 0010111 1110110111 101101 10011101 111101101 111101 11111111 111101 1110010101 110011 1111101101 0010111 01011101 01110101 10110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 303
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, of are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Forest Scene;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.