This is an analysis of the poem A Different Meaning that begins with:
It is truly as lucid as lucid can be;
It is plain as the nose on your face... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd XeXXXXXX dfdXbXgf ghfhbidi gjgjbeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001011011010 001101111 101010001111 001001001 11101111011 001001001 11101101101 101001101 111001001011 1010100010 11011101111 101001011 01101101011 0011010110 10111001101 1010011010 01011111101 0010010010 01101010001 1110011100 10111001011 0011110010 101001001001 1111011010 101001011001 1011010010 1110110110110 11111010 101111111001 1111011010 01001001101 1010010010 111010110010 0010010010 101101011001 1010010010 111101001111 1110111110 01101001101 1011010010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 344
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word it is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Different Meaning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.