This is an analysis of the poem When The Sun's Behind The Hill that begins with:
There's a soft and peaceful feeling
Comes across the farming hand... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcccDaeaebbbDXXXXbbbDXeXfffDghghgggdaiaiiiXD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 47,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111010 1010101 10111010 1010111 01010101010101 101011101010111 011100101110101 1010101 10101010 1010101 10101010 0010101 01110100110101 01010111010001 101000101011101 1010101 10101110 1011101 10111010 1010001 101010111110101 1011101101110101 110101000010101 1010101 10101110 1111111 10101010 111101011100010 1101010101000010 1010111011111010 1010101 11101010 1010101 11101010 1010101 101011101010101 101110101010010 111011100010001 1110101 10111010 1010101 10101110 0011101 101110101011101 1010111001111001 1111101011111010 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2023
- Average number of words per stanza: 382
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ', it's, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When The Sun's Behind The Hill;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.