This is an analysis of the poem Ronde Flamande that begins with:
Si j'étais roi de la forêt,
Je mettrais une couronne...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXX XXaX XXaX XbXb XaXX cXcd dXaX XXac cXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011 1110110 111101 1011 11011010 11101 10111100 1001 10011011 111001110 101011101 0110 101011111 111111 11110111 1111 10110110 10010101 111111 1101 1011110 111111 110111110 1001 1011111 1111000 1101111 11100 1011110 11011 10111100 1111 111111001 1011110 1111110 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, plus, des are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word rempli is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ronde Flamande;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.