This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Cabalistique that begins with:
Dans notre vie âcre et fiévreuse
Ta splendeur étrange apparaît,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11011110 1101100 110011110 111011101 11011101 1110 11101110 1111000 1111010 1110010 11001 11111110 11010110 01010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 104
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; et is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Cabalistique;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.