This is an analysis of the poem Memento that begins with:
A Michel Budes
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 01010 1110100010 10011011000 10110010010 010111111110 101101111010 100101111100 101111101010 111110101110 110111100110 11000100100 1110111100 0111011011 11001011100 1100011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, des, d are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Memento;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.