This is an analysis of the poem The Yellow Stuff that begins with:
By the rim rocks on the hill
The canyon side is rifted...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabab Cadaeea dadada CfbXeeX gXgfgf ChXheeh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,6,7,6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 0101010 11010111 11011110 01010101 0101010 01010101 1101110 11011111 1111010 11011101 11111101 0101010 1011111 0111010 10111111 1101110 11010111 0111010 01010101 1101010 11010111 1101010 11111101 01111101 1101010 1011101 0101100 11011001 1111110 11110111 0101010 01010101 1101110 110100100 1101010 11011101 11111101 0101010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 209
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word his is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines him is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Yellow Stuff;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.