This is an analysis of the poem The Trail O' Love that begins with:
My love was swift and slender
As an antelope at play,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd AeXeXXXe acXccfcf AbdbXaab XbXbagag Adfdhhhd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 1110111 10101110 1011111 11111010 1010111 11101110 1110101 010010 110101 10101011 1010111 11101010 111001010 11111010 1000111 1101010 1010101 10100100 1010111 10111110 1011111 11101110 1110101 010010 111111 101001010 1010101 10101010 10101010 10101010 1010101 10101010 1111100 11101010 0010111 11111010 1110111 111001110 1001101 010010 111111 00111010 1010101 11101010 10101110 10111010 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 241
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, as are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Trail O' Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.