This is an analysis of the poem Latigo Town that begins with:
You and I settled this section together;
Youthful and mettled and wild were we then....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababBbab cdcdBbcd efefBbef gegeBbge
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110010010 1011011011 10010110010 1101011011 010110101 1001011011 110010011010 1001011001 10010111010 1001001001 11110011110 1101011001 010110101 1101111101 11010010110 1011011011 10110111010 1111001101 11010110110 1111001101 010110101 1011001101 11010010110 1011001111 111100110110 1111011011 10010010110 1111001101 010110101 1001011001 1010011110 1001001111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 327
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, our, in, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Latigo Town;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.