This is an analysis of the poem The Old Prospector that begins with:
There's a song in the canyon below me
And a song in the pines overhead, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbACDc efXfgbhbiigi gjXj bekekgjghgfgACDc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,12,4,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1010010011 101001101 1011110010 11001001 010011011 11001101 110011011 11001111 111110010 11001011 1110010010 101001101 110011001 10111011 111111011 01001001 110111110 11011111 111111001 101001001 111010010 11001101 110111010 11001001 111110010 11101101 111010110 01111001 110111010 01111001 111111110 11101011 110010111 01001011 111010011 01001001 010011011 11001101 110011011 11001111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 396
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; mountains, of, my, you, for, and, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, my, you, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Old Prospector;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.