This is an analysis of the poem Roundup Lullaby that begins with:
Desert blue and silver in the still moonshine,
Coyote yappin' lazy on the hill,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcXXXX dcdcceeXX fcfccXXXX ghghcXXXX gigicXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111000111 0101010101 10101010111 111010001 111010101 01001010 110001 1110000 1011101010 101101011111 101110111 11101111101 101110101 111110111 0101110 0111110 1110000 1110101010 11111010111 100011101 11101011111 101011101 111111101 0101110 11010010 1110000 1110101010 10001111111 111011101 11101010101 111010111 111010001 0101010 01001010 1110000 1011101010 1111010101 111011111 11001010111 111011111 111011101 0101010 1101110 1110000 1011101010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 331
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words nothin', the, always, so are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word mornin' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Roundup Lullaby;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.