This is an analysis of the poem The Christmas Trail that begins with:
The wind is blowin' cold down the mountain tips of snow
And 'cross the ranges layin' brown and dead;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcaaDAefefcaaDagfgfcaadahghgbaaDahihicaaDA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 45,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101011010101 1101010111 0110101110101 1100011101 1010010110101 11101011111 10101010101 11 00101010101 1101010100001 1101010001 11000110010101 1101010101 10111011010101 101101010111 1101110101 11 10101110101 110101010101 1101010111 11101010101011 101010001 1011011110101 10101011001 101010011101 01 10100111101 110101011001 10101010111 101011101010011 0101110111 1011011011101 10101110101 11101010101 11 10101010101 01001011010101 10101010111 11110101110100 100101010111 1110011110111 10101010001 10101010101 11 00101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2015
- Average number of words per stanza: 387
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, man, i, i'm are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Christmas Trail;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.