This is an analysis of the poem The Plainsmen that begins with:
Men of the older, gentler soil,
Loving the things that their fathers wrought- ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdDcdcdeedddfdfccdddgdgeeddhihiccdddigieedD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010101 100111101 11101101 11111101 101111101 1010110101 111101101 011111111 100111001 1011101111 101110101 101100101 110101101 1010001001 100100101 11011111 110100101 1011110111 110101111 101100101 101010111 11101101101 1001110111 10111111 110101101 1001001001 1010110111 101101111 1001011001 1011101001 101101111 101101111 101110101 0010100101 101110111 101110101 1011101101 10111000101 101000110101 10111111 1011100111 1111110101 101100111 100110101 1110111111 101101111 1100100101 011111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2014
- Average number of words per stanza: 362
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their, you, by, in, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words through, by are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines you, us, land are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Plainsmen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.