This is an analysis of the poem Sonhando that begins with:
Um dia, oh linda, embalada
Ao canto do gondoleiro,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XXXXXX aXXXXX XXabXb XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101000 11011000 1000100 11100100 110110110 11011000 11000100 10100100 10001100 10111110 110100110 10100110 10010010 11001010 10011010 1010111 111110 11111 10100100 1001101 10010010 11011100 110110100 1110110 10101100 101011000 101110 111101010 1110010 10101100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonhando;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.