This is an analysis of the poem Última Folha that begins with:
Meu Deus! Meu Pai! Se o filho da desgraça
Tem jus um dia ao galardão remoto,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011110110 111101100100 11010111110 01110110001 10111101100 1111111000110 10110111010 11010100110 1011011100 1010100010 10111101100 1011100110 111101111100 1110010110 10010110100 10110110110 0110111000111 110010111010 10110101100 1011101111110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Última Folha;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.