This is an analysis of the poem Sempre Sonhos! ... that begins with:
Se eu tivesse, meu Deus, santos amores,
Eu m'erguera cantando essa paixão,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XabXa XXXXc XcXXX XdXXX cXXXX XXXXX baXXX XXXXX XdXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101110100 11001001010 1100011110 11111100100 0101000 111101101100 110110110 100001001010 1110010101100 11110 101111000 10011100 111011010110 1001101110 11011 1100101100 10011010001 110001011010 011001101100 11110 110110001110 110110001001 110111010 110011111 110101 11001010110 100110110110 11110101011100 110101100 111010 101011011 1000110110 0101010111000 1000111010 110100 101010101100010 110001110010 10001001110 01010001100 10101 11101011010 10101011010 101010011100 111010011010 101010 111101110100 1100110111 1100111100 01000101110 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; e is repeated.
The author used the same word como at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines a is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sempre Sonhos! ...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.