This is an analysis of the poem Segredos that begins with:
Eu tenho uns amores - quem é que os não tinha
Nos tempos antigos? - Amar não faz mal;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXXXX XaXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXbXXX bXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101100111110 11110001111 1101101010010 11011011010 01111011010 11100011011 11101011010100 11011011010 11001011100 1101001001 1101001110 11010100010 110100111100 100110101011 11101001110100 11011011010 11011110100 1011011011 11010011010 1111011011 1111111010 100111011010 1101001110100 11011011010 101001011111 10011011010 1010110100110 100010011100 111110111010 10011001101 01110111011 11011011010 0101110100 10100111011 111100110101 0101100010100 1001110100110 1000101100 1101001110100 11011011010 1011011110 1001010111100 10011011010 11110011110 101100111000 101001010 1111010011100 11011011010 100010010100 110111101110 1110001011100 1111110110110 1011101101100 11010101100 101101000100 11011011010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 311
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que, o, n, de, e, se are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word contar at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Segredos;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.