This is an analysis of the poem Saudades that begins with:
Nas horas mortas da noite
Como é doce o meditar...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaXX XXXXXXXX XaXXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101011 1011100 101100100 1101011 100101000 100101010 10100100 1111110 1010010 01001010 11001011 101101 1101100 1100100 111100 111010 101001100 110110110 1001010 1111011100 101001000 1101010 10011100 10011010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 204
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, rio are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word saudades is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines rio is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Saudades;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.