This is an analysis of the poem Perfumes E Amor that begins with:
A flor mimosa que abrilhanta o prado
Ao sol nascente vai pedir fulgor;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXb XbXb XXXb aXXb XXXb XbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011000110 111011010 1111001100110 1101111010 11110101111 1001010110 1100110011 1101100110 1111011010 111101100110 110101111 100111010 10111111010 1101010111001 1100101000110 100110010 1001010001 1101010010 10001100010 100110110 1011010001 1110011010 11110111010 1001111010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word amor at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Perfumes E Amor;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.