This is an analysis of the poem Pois Não É? ! that begins with:
Ver cair o cedro anoso
Que campeava na serra,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaXXXXXaXXXa baXX aXXXXXXc bXXXXaaXXaXXXXXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,4,8,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110100 1100110 111010 1110100 11000100 1011000 1110 1101010 101010110 111101110100 01011100 11010100 010110110 11010110 1001011110 0111100 0110100 1101010 10010100 010101000 0100111 100110010 110110 11110100 11111 1111010 1101010 11010110 1111100 10001001 111100110 111000100 111000110 10101100 10011010 1111000 0100100010 101101000 01001001 111011010 101101100 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 267
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word de is repeated.
The author used the same word mas at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word o at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pois Não É? !;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.