This is an analysis of the poem Pepita that begins with:
Minh'alma é mundo virge' - ilha perdida -
Em lagos de cristais;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XaaXX XXaXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXaX XbXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101010100 110010 10100101100 1100111111 10010 110110011100 110111 01011011110 1100010110 110100 1001011010110 1000100 11010101110 11001011000 10011 100100101010 110110 1110010111010 1110011100 11010 1001101010000 1010110 11010101110 1100101100 11011 10011010010 11111 11101011000 10110100010 1111010 100110100110 1011110 111001011010 110101001110 1110100 1101111001110 010110 10101101100 1111001100 1001000 1111011001 1001100 111100101100 10110010110 1111 1101100101100 100110 11110101111 111010101 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word vem is repeated.
The author used the same word minh'alma at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase o connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pepita;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.