This is an analysis of the poem Meus Oito Anos that begins with:
Oh! que saudades que tenho
Da aurora da minha vida,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XAABBXXX bXXcdXXX aXaXXXXc XaaXaXXX XXXXXXXX XXbcXdXX XAABBXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100110 101011010 11010010 11101101 110110111 10010100 1011000 1001100 10110110 11001100 100010100 100101 1110010 111101000 110110100 01011010 101011110 1100100 10010100 101010 11100100 01000101 110100010 101010011 11011010 11100010 11010110 101001 11110100 1101010 0101110 110011 1101100 11011000 1100100110 110011 10010100 0101100 1110100 1100010 10011100 10101100 100010110 1001011 10011110 10011110 1000100 11000010 11100110 101011010 11010010 11101101 110110111 10010100 01011000 1001100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 202
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que, da, um, o, de, das are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words da, que, o, oh are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ncia, cias are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Meus Oito Anos;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.