This is an analysis of the poem Minha Mãe that begins with:
Da pátria formosa distante e saudoso,
Chorando e gemendo meus cantos de dor,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXB XCXXB XXXXB XXXXB XaXXb XCXXB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101100 100110011001 1101100100010 111000111010 101 11010011010 10010010111 110110111100 101010011100 101 11010110100 1111000101000 111101101010 1001000101000 101 01101101110 100101011011 111110010 11011011001 101 1011101110 110100011010 101101100100 110010101011 101 1101100110110 10010010111 100110111100 101010011100 101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 170
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word e at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Minha Mãe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.