This is an analysis of the poem Mocidade that begins with:
Doce filha da lânguida tristeza
Ergue a fronte pendida - o sol fulgura!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XaXX bXXX XXXX cXXX XXbX XXXX cXXX XaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110100 10110011100 100101011111100 11110110101000 111010010010 101100001011 110101011010 1011100110100 110011110 10111011110 101111011100 1110111010 010110010000 110111010 1001110110 11001100010 1011110110 1001011100 101001111100 10100101100 110110100 1100100010100 1110101110 11011001110 1001100100 0101011010110 111001100110 101111011 110110111100110 1010000100100 101000101011 111010111010 10010111010 1001001010111 0101111110010 11010001100
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 149
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, quando, que, da, mundo are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words por, amor are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mocidade;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.