This is an analysis of the poem Juramento that begins with:
Tu dizes oh Mariquinhas
Que não crês nas juras minhas,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabXa XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX cXXbbX cXbbbX XXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011000 11111010 1101001 1111111010 101011000 1011111011 11011110 110011110 1101101 11000100 1100110 11101110 111000110 11101000 1001000 11011100 10111000 100111000 100100101 10100110 101100 100111111 101111 11000100 111011010 11010110 10110100 11010100 1001100 11111010 10101011 11110000100 110110100 11011010 101011010 10101100 1011010 10100100 101110100 111011010 10010110 1110110 110000110 110101110 1000110 110011010 1111000 111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, que are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words que, tu are repeated.
The author used the same word tu at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines as is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Juramento;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.