This is an analysis of the poem Infância that begins with:
Ó anjo da loura trança,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXAXXX XXXXXX XXXbbX XbXbbX XXXXXX XXAXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010 11000 1101011 10101100 111100 01000010 1011010 110 0101001 11101000 1000 1100110 1011010 1100 000101011 11010000010 1100 101011010 1011010 0110 110101010 11100110 1010 101010 1011010 01010 111010 1111010 100 1010110 1011010 11000 1101011 10101100 111100 01000010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The author used the same word anjo at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines a is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase a connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Infância;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.