This is an analysis of the poem Clara that begins with:
Não sabes, Clara, que pena
eu teria se — morena...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaXXa aaXBXC XXXXaX XXXXaX aXcBXC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010110 11011010 11011010 1011110 11000100 101101010 011010 10111010 1110101 11100100 1101111 1101111 00101000 1010110 101110100 10100100 10010110 100010110 1001010 1101010 1111100 010111 111100110 111101110 01010010 110101100 1101001 11100100 1101111 1101111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; da is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word s is repeated.
The author used the same word a at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines rio is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Clara;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.