This is an analysis of the poem Desejo that begins with:
Se eu soubesse que no mundo
Existia um coração,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXX bcXXXX baXXXX XcXXXX bXXXXc XXXXXa XXXXXX bXXXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101110 100110 1111100 010110100 11010011 11011010 111010110 10110101 1110110 11110110 111010100 1000110 111001010 1101010 10101100 1100010 1001100 110010 1111010100 110011 1110100 110110 1110100 110100 1101101010 10100 11110110 10010110 11101110 10101101 110111000 1010010 1100110 111100 100001100 10110010 1111101100 11100 100011010 111010 1000110 110010 1111010010 11100110 10101010 1010110 11010100 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; se, o are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word se is repeated.
The author used the same words se, e at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word o at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Desejo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.