This is an analysis of the poem Deus that begins with:
Eu me lembro! Eu me lembro! - Era pequeno
E brincava na praia; o mar bramia,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXa XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111010010 1100111110 1100110100100 0101001011010 11101011100 110100110100 111001111100 11101111110 1010101011 11001111110 1111111100 1111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, que, n are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word e is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Deus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.