This is an analysis of the poem Assim! that begins with:
Viste o lírio da campina?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXX XaXXaX XXXXXX XXXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01 1111100 1100 11011010 1111100 1100 10111011 101001110 011010 10001101 101001110 101010 011110 11010110 1100 10011011 11010110 1100 101101 11010100 1000 1101010 11010100 1010 101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The author used the same word n at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Assim!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.