This is an analysis of the poem Selective Service that begins with:
We rise from the snow where we've
lain on our backs and flown like children, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdXbaeXcceXaXdeXcXXecXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100111 111111110 00010011111 111001011001 1110110 110011010 10110101001 11011010111 110001001101 1011111 01011110 1011101010 01111110011 0110011 110100100101 1011101 10010101100 10010101100 0100110001 1111011 11110111 1010111 011010111110 11101101 1110011101 010010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1060
- Average number of words per stanza: 190
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, after, of, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Selective Service;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.