This is an analysis of the poem Skin Canoes that begins with:
Swallows carve lake wind,
trailers lined up, fish tins. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXba XcXXb XXacc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10111 101111 010001011 11011 11110001 11001011 11111011 00100111 111110 1110011110 1001011 111110101 001011 011110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 160
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Skin Canoes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.