This is an analysis of the poem Sequestered Writing that begins with:
Horses were turned loose in the child's sorrow. Black and roan, cantering through snow.
The way light fills the hand with light, November with...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbc aXbdd XcaX Xeae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100110011011110011 011101010100110001 110111110111101001 011010011011100011 11100111001 00110101 0110100101 1101111111010011 101101100101 1010010100001010101 0101001110101111 011111001001110000 101000110100111110001 010111101101010101 1100101010100001001 011001111101 10010111110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 284
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 66 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, ghost are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase white connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sequestered Writing;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.