This is an analysis of the poem Five Prayers that begins with:
Wild wine of the mountain-spring, fresh, living, strong, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba cbbc deed fggf gaag hXXh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01 110010011101 1011010101 1111 01 01010111001 11010100101 01001 01 01010010111 1101101101 0111 01 01111101001 11010000101 1011 01 11110101001 11000111101 1110 1101 1001010101 0101011110 11001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 855
- Average number of words per stanza: 126
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Five Prayers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.