This is an analysis of the poem On The Just And The Unjust that begins with:
OUTCAST, a horror to his kind,
At night he to the forest fled. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaba Xbbb ccXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010001 11100101 101111011 011101 01010101 01010101 01110101 100011 11111101 10110101 11011101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 454
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Just And The Unjust;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.