This is an analysis of the poem The Cynic Of The Woods that begins with:
Come I from busy haunts of men,
With nature to commune, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa XbcD efef fgfg ahah XbcD ifif jjjj jkjk fkfe fkfk lklk iaia jejX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 010010 11010111 111101 11110101 110101 11010111 101101 11010101 110011 11101101 111111 10111101 111101 11010101 010011 01110111 010101 11110101 010011 11110101 100101 11010111 101101 11011010 111101 11111111 110111 11110111 0100111 01110111 010001 11010111 010101 11011111 110101 11010101 110101 10010001 010101 111111001 011101 11111101 110001 11011101 101101 11110101 100111 11010101 111110 11110111 111001 11110101 0111001 11111111 111110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1977
- Average number of words per stanza: 327
- Amount of lines: 69
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, and, on, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Cynic Of The Woods;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.