This is an analysis of the poem In Memoriam Matris that begins with:
IN my hot youth I rashly penned
A Sonnet of the After-life.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacddcceeccffcccXcghhgaiiajkkjeaae hhXhfeef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 36,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111101 01000101 01010111 11010111 010011011 11110101 01010111 11011101 11010100 11011101 11111100 11110101 11110101 01011111 11010111 11110101 11110101 110111010 11111101 11010011 11111101 11011101 11110001 01110111 11000101 00011101 11010101 110111111 110010101 11110101 111100111 10110111 11010100 11010101 11110101 01111101 11000101 11011101 11110111 01111101 01010101 01111111 11101101 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1578
- Average number of words per stanza: 304
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, her, there are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word on is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Memoriam Matris;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.