This is an analysis of the poem A Romance In The Rough that begins with:
A sturdy fellow, with a sunburnt face,
And thews and sinews of a giant mould;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef ghgh icic bXbX hihi fjfj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101000101 1111000101 01011100101 010101 0100010101 1001110101 1111010101 110111 1101000101 1111110001 1001010111 0101001 0101011101 1011010001 1100110101 011101 1101100101 1101000101 0101010101 110101 1111110011 1101111110 1111010101 110101 1101010111 011110001 0111011011 110101 10011101001 1111110101 1100010101 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Romance In The Rough;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.